- Register Now for Virtual Read to Succeed Summer Program: Due to COVID-19, the 2020 Read to Succeed 4-week Literacy program will transition its summer programming and family workshops to a virtual format. Check out the R2S flyer or the R2S website for more information.
- Girls Lead in Science and Technology host a virtual summer camp where rising 3rd to 8th grade girls learn how to code. No previous coding experience required. See the flyer for more information.
- The Office of Academic Supports and the Chief Schools Office are excited to announce the School District’s summer program offerings for 2020. Click here to see the full list.
OEC’s Count on Me Remix – Click to watch! Thanks you to Mrs. Coco and Mr. Tyler who worked very hard to direct and produce this video. We hope you will watch when you get the chance and remember we love and miss you all so so much!
Also make sure to check out OEC’s Spring 2020 Talent Show! BIG shout out to Mr. Rivera for putting this together and of course to all of our amazingly talented students and staff who participated!
- The School District, in partnership with the City of Philadelphia, has designated select schools as meal sites that will continue to be open over the summer months. Meal sites will be open weekly on Thursdays from 9:00am to 12:00pm and will serve 10 grab-and-go breakfast and lunch meals per child. OEC is no longer a meal site but you can click the link below for the updated site list or text Ms. Caroline (252) 339-1712 to find the closest meal site to you.
- In addition to the meal sites, food sites have been set up around the city and serve one box of food per household. Food sites are open every Monday and Thursday from 10:00am to 12:00pm. Boxes contain non-perishable items on Mondays and fresh produce on Thursdays. Please click the link below for the full list of food sites or text Ms. Caroline (252) 339-1712 to find the closest food site to you.
- Here is a list of Community Resources for food access, financial support, mental/emotional health, and general health and wellness.
Parent & Guardian Survey is OPEN!
Please click the link below to take the Parent & Guardian survey. Once you have submitted the survey, send a screenshot to Ms. Foote or Ms. Caroline and you will be entered to win a $20 gift card! All you need is your child’s ID number. To find their ID number, you can check the top of their report card or call the school at (215) 400-7540. Thank you!
There is no other school in the world like Overbrook Educational Center…
We are a K-8 public school located in West Philadelphia that serves a unique population of learners. If you are reading this right now, then you are unlike 27% of the students at OEC who are unable to read this print without magnification, technology aides, large print or braille. Slightly under 1/3 of our student population is blind or visually impaired (VI). Our ultimate objective is to prepare students to honor the diverse learner by providing excellent instruction for all students. Come explore everything we have to offer!
we Own our actions (O)
We work together and have a shared responsibility for what we do and our learning.
we put forth our best Effort to excel (E)
We have high expectations to be prepared for high school, college, and career.
we Care for all (C)
We honor diversity, partner with our community, and celebrate each other’s success.